2. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD?
The type of information we collect and hold includes personal information about:
- clients, business associates and potential clients and their employees;
- suppliers and their employees;
- competitors, coaches, competitor staff and competitor friends and family;
- employees, prospective employees and contractors;
- volunteers; and
- other people who come into contact with us.
In general, the personal information we collect and hold may include name, contact details, occupation, personal preferences, payment type information (including financial and credit card information), website usage data (which may include your IP address, how you accessed our website and your wider geographic location), personal description, professional history and other information which assists us in conducting our business, providing and marketing our services and meeting our legal obligations. In some cases we may also collect ‘sensitive information’, such as information about an individual’s criminal record or health information.
3. HOW DO WE COLLECT AND HOLD INFORMATION?
We will only ever collect personal information by lawful and fair means. We may collect information in the following ways:
- from you directly when you provide your details to us including, for example, when you register with us to receive our newsletters or other information or updates about the Games, when you make a donation to us, when you enter one of our competitions or when you register your interest in becoming a volunteer;
- from you indirectly through emails, forms, face-to-face meetings, registration and attendance at events, business cards and telephone conversations and through use of the services and facilities available through our website and social media channels; and
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal information is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy. We take reasonable steps to help protect your personal information in an effort to prevent loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
4. WHY DO WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE INFORMATION?
We may collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes described in this Policy or disclosed to you on our website. For example, we may use your information:
- to provide you with newsletters and other information and updates about the Games;
- to provide you with information about our business, including information about tickets, merchandise and special offers, and information that we reasonably believe may be of interest to you;
- to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- to process and deliver competition entries and prizes;
- as part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to allow you to register to a secure, online portal to be accessed exclusively by wounded, injured and sick service personnel in order to communicate with other registered users; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
5. WHO DO WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO?
We will disclose your personal information if we are required to do so by law, regulation, court order, statutory or public authority or to protect our rights and property.
We may provide your personal information to any third party that administers any facility, service or promotion operated via our website on our behalf.
We do not sell, re-use, rent, lease, loan, trade or otherwise divulge the information we may have been provided to anyone unless you specifically consent to provide such information to a third party. We use a secure encryption page for online donations. Your credit card or bank account details are only used to process your donation and are securely stored by the provider of our electronic payment service. The details are not used for any other purpose.
6. WILL WE DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION TO ANYONE OVERSEAS?
We may disclose your personal information to the following overseas recipients:
- to the IGF and organising committees of other Invictus Games;
- to other companies or individuals who assist us in providing services or who perform functions on our behalf (such as third party service providers);
- to courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities;
- to anyone else to whom you authorise us to disclose it; and
- to anyone else where we are required to do so by law.
7. ACCESS TO INFORMATION
Subject to the exceptions set out in the Privacy Act, you may seek access to and correction of the personal information which we hold about you by contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. We will require you to verify your identity and to specify what information you require. If a fee is charged for providing access, you will be advised of the likely cost in advance.
8. HOW YOU CAN MAKE A PRIVACY RELATED COMPLAINT
If you have any questions about privacy-related issues or wish to complain about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles or the handling of your personal information by us, please contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask you to lodge your complaint in writing. Any complaint will be investigated by the Privacy Officer and you will be notified of the making of a decision in relation to your complaint as soon as is practicable after it has been made, usually within 30 days.
If we are unable to satisfactorily resolve your concerns about our handling of your personal information, you can contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner:
GPO Box 5218
Sydney NSW 2001
Tel: 1300 363 992
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Policy are welcomed and should be addressed to at email@example.com.
Our registered address is:
Invictus Games Sydney 2018
Level 1, 8 Brindabella Circuit
CANBERRA AIRPORT ACT 2609
Our postal address is:
Invictus Games Sydney 2018
PO Box 6107
SILVERWATER NSW 2128