Invictus Games Sydney 2018 Ticketing Terms and Conditions
These Conditions govern the purchase and issue of Tickets for IG2018, the use of all Tickets issued and the admission of any person to any Venue pursuant to any Ticket issued. Any person who purchases, possesses and/or uses or attempts to use any Ticket will be deemed to have fully and irrevocably accepted and agreed to comply with and be bound by these Conditions.
These Conditions were last updated on 14 May 2018.
- When used in these Conditions, capitalised terms shall have the following meanings:
“Accessible Ticketing Policy” means AIMG’s accessible ticketing policy, including as amended, supplemented or replaced from time to time, published at invictusgames2018.org;
“AIMG” means Australian International Military Games Limited and includes its successors and assigns;
“AIMG Delivery Partner” means any person or entity with responsibility for delivering an element of IG2018.
“Authorised Ticket Reseller” means any entity designated or otherwise appointed by AIMG to promote, sell and distribute Tickets for IG2018 (including but not limited to the Official Ticketing Agent, official IG2018 tour & travel partners, official IG2018 Ticket distributors and sub-distributors or any combination of some or all of those entities, as the context may require) a full list of which is available at invictusgames2018.org;
“Conditions” means these terms and conditions and includes the Venue Entry Conditions and the Prohibited & Restricted Items as updated by AIMG from time to time;
“IG2018” means the Invictus Games Sydney 2018;
“Official Ticketing Agent” means Ticketek Pty Ltd;
“Official Sale Price” means the original price of a Ticket paid to any Authorised Ticket Reseller and includes all amounts paid by the Ticket Purchaser to the Authorised Ticket Reseller at the time of purchase, but excludes any postage and courier charges;
“Personnel” means officers, directors, employees, agents, subcontractors and volunteers;
“Prohibited & Restricted Item(s)” means any prohibited or restricted item(s) listed as Prohibited & Restricted Items, including as amended, supplemented or replaced from time to time and published at invictusgames2018.org;
“Recordings” means photographs or audio or video recordings containing the image, voice or likeness of the Ticket Holder;
“Session” means any sport event or ceremony forming part of IG2018 to which a Ticket gives right of entry, the particulars of which are indicated on the Ticket;
“Ticket” means an official IG2018 ticket giving right of entry to a person to a particular Session at a particular Venue in accordance with these Conditions and any other details specified on the Ticket;
“Ticket Holder” means any individual possessing, holding or using a Ticket, including (without limitation) the Ticket Purchaser or any person to whom a Ticket has been issued or transferred;
“Ticket Purchaser” means any individual who has purchased a Ticket or Tickets;
“Venue” means any location where a Session is scheduled to take place (and/or any replacement location to which a Session is rescheduled) and to which a Ticket is required to gain access, including all entrance and exit gates as well as all other official installations and areas;
“Venue Personnel” means Personnel of AIMG or a AIMG Delivery Partner carrying out an official role or duty within a Venue during a Session; and
“Venue Entry Conditions” means the security protocols and the public order and safety conditions of admission that apply to each Venue, including as amended, supplemented or replaced from time to time and published at invictusgames2018.org.
- AIMG may in its absolute discretion limit the number of Tickets a person may purchase for a particular Session, or across the entirety of IG2018, and any such limits will be published at invictusgames2018.org. Ticket limits apply to ensure fair access to tickets, and to minimise the risk of unlawful Ticket resale.
- AIMG may cancel orders without notice should it become aware that a person has exceeded any ticket limits notified under clause 2.
- Separate Ticket orders that use the same name, e-mail address, billing address, credit card number or other similar information may be considered combined orders for the purposes of clause 3.
- Tickets may only be purchased from AIMG (directly or via the Official Ticketing Agent) or from Authorised Ticket Resellers.
- Ticket Purchasers must be 18 years of age or over at the time of purchase. If a Ticket Purchaser purchases a Ticket for a person aged under 18 years of age, the Ticket Purchaser is responsible for ensuring that that person complies with these Conditions when using the Ticket.
- Once a Ticket is issued to the Ticket Purchaser, the Ticket is non-refundable except as outlined in these Conditions or as required by law.
- AIMG reserves the right to not replace or accept any Ticket that has been lost, stolen, forgotten, damaged or forged, or any Ticket which is unreadable or incomplete.
- AIMG will only replace a Ticket if the request for replacement is by the Ticket Purchaser with reasonable notice before the Session and the authenticity of the Ticket can be verified by proof of purchase.
- AIMG may charge a reasonable fee for the replacement of Tickets.
- Unless otherwise specified, all Ticket prices are payable in Australian Dollars ($AUD).
- Any and all charges payable as a result of the Ticket Purchaser paying or attempting to pay for a Ticket in another currency, for example currency exchange charges, are the responsibility of the Ticket Purchaser.
- In submitting payment method information when purchasing a Ticket, the Ticket Purchaser authorises AIMG to take payment for amounts due in relation to the Ticket purchase.
- Ticket Purchasers should ensure sufficient funds are available to allow payment to be taken using the payment method specified when purchasing a Ticket and if AIMG is unable to process the payment through the specified payment method for any reason, the Ticket purchase may be declined.
- Tickets will be delivered in the manner notified at the time of purchase. AIMG will not be responsible for the loss of any Tickets due to a failure by the Ticket Purchaser to provide AIMG with correct delivery details.
Changes to Session Details
- AIMG does not guarantee that the Session for which a Ticket is issued will take place at the date, time and Venue indicated on the Ticket or that there will be no variations to the content of a Session. AIMG may make alterations to the time, date, content and Venue of any Session at its discretion or in the event of unforeseen or other circumstances, including (without limitation), a force majeure event, safety and security concerns or decisions from any competent authority.
- AIMG will use reasonable efforts to communicate details of Session changes to Ticket Holders as soon as possible after becoming aware of the necessity for and the details of the change.
- The Ticket Holder is responsible for confirming Session details prior to attending to ascertain whether any changes have been made.
- If the date, time, content or Venue of a Session is altered pursuant to clause 16, AIMG will not be liable to the Ticket Holder for any costs, expenses or other losses resulting from such alteration, and the Ticket Holder will only be entitled to a refund in accordance with these Conditions or as required by law.
- Accessible seating is available for persons who have a disability or impairment in accordance with AIMG’s Accessible Ticketing Policy, available at invictusgames2018.org.
- Each accessible seat Ticket is issued with a complimentary companion seat on a one-to-one basis.
- If a person holding an accessible seat Ticket is found to not have a disability or impairment as per the Accessible Ticketing Policy, or is not a companion of such a person, that person may be required to:
- move to a different seat if one is available and pay the cost of the difference; or
- if no alternative seat is available, may be requested to leave the Venue.
Children’s Tickets and Infant Eligibility
- Children’s tickets are available to Ticket Holders who are between 4 years of age and 15 years of age, inclusive, as at 20 October 2018.
- Ticket Holders who are in possession of a children’s ticket, but not within the eligible age range, may be refused entry to the Venue or be required to pay the difference between the cost of the children’s ticket and the applicable cost for a standard Ticket before being granted access to the Venue.
- Infants who are under 4 years of age, can enter a Venue without a Ticket provided they remain under the constant supervision of a parent or guardian and do not occupy a separate seat within the Venue. The parent or guardian must ensure any infants under 4 years of age comply with these Conditions as if the infant was a Ticket Holder.
- Ticket Holders who are in possession of a concession ticket must provide for inspection if requested by AIMG Personnel a current and valid:
- Australian Government issued Pensioner Concession Card, Health Care Card or Department of Veterans Affairs Health Care Card; or
- Australian issued full-time secondary student card or full-time tertiary student card (including full time international students studying in Australia).
- A Seniors Card, Commonwealth Seniors Health Care Card or international student card will not be an accepted form of concession identification.
- Concession identification may be requested at the time of sale (if in person), at time of entry to a Venue or when within a Venue.
- If the Ticket Holder is unable to provide evidence to the satisfaction of AIMG that the Ticket Holder is entitled to the applicable concession ticket, the Ticket Holder may be refused entry to the Venue, removed from the Venue or be required to pay the difference between the cost of the concession ticket and the applicable cost for a standard Ticket.
- Tickets must not, without AIMG’s prior written consent, be transferred, used or otherwise disposed of for any commercial purpose or for any marketing or promotional purpose, whether or not for commercial gain (including in connection with any competition, advertisement, promotion, auction or sweepstake or as part of any hospitality or travel package).
- Tickets must not, without AIMG’s prior written consent, be transferred, used or otherwise disposed of in a manner that would cause a reasonable person to believe that any person has a sponsorship arrangement with or relating to IG2018 or any part of IG2018.
- A Ticket may only be sold or transferred, or offered for sale or transfer, if:
- the sale/transfer price is not greater than the Official Sale Price of the Ticket;
- the Ticket is not offered for sale/transfer publicly (including on any website);
- the sale/transfer does not breach clauses 30 or 31;
- the transferee is made aware that these Conditions become binding upon the transferee in full as if the transferee was the Ticket Purchaser; and
- the purchaser/transferee is a natural person, who is acquiring the Ticket for his or her own personal use, is known to the Ticket Purchaser personally and did not become known to the Ticket Purchaser through the sale/transfer of the Ticket.
- AIMG may request that a Ticket Holder provide a full explanation of the details of the Ticket Holder’s acquisition of any Ticket to determine whether the Ticket Holder has complied with these Conditions and AIMG may, in its absolute discretion, cancel the Ticket(s) if AIMG is not satisfied with the Ticket Holder’s response.
- Any Ticket offered for sale, sold, transferred, used or disposed of in breach of these Conditions may be cancelled and any person seeking to use the Ticket may be refused admission to or evicted from the Venue without refund or compensation, even if the Ticket Holder did not have prior notice of these Conditions or the breach thereof. Further, AIMG may pursue any other remedies available in relation to the breach of Conditions.
Venue Entry & Requirements
- All persons attending IG2018 who are under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Admission to a Venue will only be authorised upon presentation of a valid Ticket for each person wishing to enter. AIMG may refuse admission to the Venue if it reasonably believes a Ticket has been lost, stolen, cancelled or if a Ticket is damaged, illegible, incomplete, counterfeit or forged.
- AIMG may request that a Ticket Holder provide proof of identity with valid photograph and signature.
- A valid Ticket permits the Ticket Holder to enter the relevant Venue. If the Ticket provides for allocated seating the Ticket Holder must only occupy, at the relevant Session, the seat position indicated on that Ticket or such other alternative position as AIMG may allocate acting reasonably. Where the Ticket is for general admission, the Ticket Holder is allowed to enter the general admission area or such alternative area as AIMG may allocate acting reasonably and no representation is made that there is seating available for the Ticket Holder.
- A Ticket Holder must not, without AIMG’s prior written consent, bring any Prohibited & Restricted Item into any Venue. A Ticket Holder may be refused admission or evicted from the Venue if it attempts to bring any Prohibited & Restricted Items into the Venue or is under the influence of alcohol or drugs or behaving in a disruptive, dangerous or violent manner.
- A Ticket Holder may be requested to submit to a body check and/or search of their possessions when entering, exiting or being within the Venue. A Ticket Holder may be refused admission or evicted from the Venue if they refuse to submit to a body check and/or search of their possessions.
- Ticket Holders must comply with the Venue Entry Conditions which are available at invictusgames2018.org and if a Ticket Holder fails to comply with the applicable Venue Entry Conditions, the Ticket Holder may be refused entry to, or be evicted from, the Venue.
- The Ticket Holder acknowledges and agrees that the Ticket Holder is responsible for any property the Ticket Holder brings to or into a Venue (including Prohibited & Restricted Items) and that there is no storage available at a Venue for any such items.
- Once a Ticket Holder has entered a Session at a IG2018 Venue, they are not permitted to leave and re-enter that IG2018 Venue during the same Session unless it has been determined by AIMG that a pass out system will be implemented for that Session.
- A Ticket Holder must comply with instructions from Venue Personnel while entering, exiting or being within the Venue.
- A Ticket Holder must only photograph or record images whilst inside a Venue for personal use. No flash photography is permitted at any time.
- Each Ticket Holder acknowledges and agrees that attendance at the Venue is at the Ticket Holder’s own risk and that to the maximum extent permitted by law, AIMG is not liable for any loss, damage or harm, including (without limitation) bodily or mental harm, personal property damage or loss, or any other loss and/or harm arising from the Ticket Holder’s use of a Ticket, attendance at the Venue, or breach by the Ticket Holder of these Conditions and each Ticket Holder agrees that the Ticket Holder will not bring any claim, complaint or proceeding against AIMG in relation to any such loss or damage.
- Each Ticket Holder indemnifies and holds AIMG harmless from and against all loss, damage and liability suffered or incurred by AIMG in connection with, resulting from, or arising out of, a breach by the Ticket Holder of any of these conditions.
Media & Recordings
- Each Ticket Holder attending IG2018:
- acknowledges and agrees that Recordings containing the image or voice of the Ticket Holder may be made by AIMG or its Personnel;
- gives unconditional and irrevocable consent for AIMG and its Personnel to use the Recordings in perpetuity without restriction as to changes or alterations, and disclose personal information of the Ticket Holder that is contained in any Recording for public relations, promotions, exhibitions, commercial, trade and advertising purposes in connection with IG2018;
- acknowledges and agrees that they are not entitled to any remuneration, royalties or any other payment from AIMG in respect of the use of the Recordings, including with any changes or alterations, by AIMG;
- acknowledges and agrees that as between the Ticket Holder and AIMG, AIMG is the sole legal and beneficial owner of all intellectual property rights in and attaching to any Recordings and consents on an irrevocable, worldwide and perpetual basis, to the infringement of all moral rights the Ticket Holder may have in and to any such Recordings; and
- acknowledges and agrees that AIMG may assign or transfer the benefit of the agreement, release and consent given under this clause 48 to any person.
Refund, Exchange & Cancellation of Tickets
- The following conditions apply in respect of refunds, exchanges and cancellation of Tickets:
- If the Ticket is for a Session which is delayed, but completed on the same calendar day, Ticket Holders are not eligible for a refund or exchange for alternative Sessions.
- If the Ticket is for a Session which is interrupted after it begins, and AIMG determines that it was substantially completed, Ticket Holders are not eligible for a refund or exchange for alternative Sessions except as required by law, at the absolute discretion of AIMG or as otherwise specified by these Conditions.
- If the Ticket is for a Session which commences as scheduled, is interrupted after it begins, and AIMG determines that the Session was not substantially completed, and the Session is rescheduled to take place as a new Session, the Ticket Holder may retain their original Ticket for admission to the rescheduled Session or request a refund.
- If the Ticket is for a Session which commences as scheduled, is interrupted after it begins, and AIMG determines that the Session was not substantially completed, and the Session is rescheduled as part of an existing Session (i.e. does not take place as a new Session), the Ticket Holder will receive an automatic refund within 30 working days of the rescheduling of the Session.
- If the Ticket is for a Session which is rescheduled, before commencing, to an alternate day or venue the Ticket Holder may retain their original Ticket for admission to the rescheduled Session or request a refund.
- If a Session is cancelled (i.e. not held at all) the Ticket Holder will receive an automatic refund within 30 working days of the cancellation of the Session.
- All Tickets are issued for a specific Session and under no circumstances will a Ticket Purchaser or Ticket Holder be entitled to exchange one Session Ticket for another Session Ticket.
- The process and timings for requesting refunds will be notified by AIMG when a Session is deemed eligible for refund.
- Refunds will be made to the payment card used to purchase the Ticket and in the event that other means of payment were used, refunds will be made by such means as AIMG deems appropriate, which may include payment by cheque, or direct bank transfer.
- If AIMG is not able to immediately determine whether a refund is available or to process a refund, AIMG may require the Ticket Purchaser to apply for a refund as communicated to the Ticket Purchaser by AIMG.
- If a Ticket Purchaser is directed to apply for a refund under clause 53, it must do so within 30 days of the conclusion of the Session to which the Ticket relates.
- AIMG and its representatives will make reasonable effort to contact the Ticket Purchaser if any refund cannot be made due to insufficient details or inactive card details.
- No refunds will be given at IG2018 ticket outlets or Venue box offices.
- Except where required by law, no refunds will be given in relation to any fees or charges paid in addition to the Original Sale Price of the Ticket (for example, any postage, courier, transport or accommodation charges) and no interest or costs will be payable by AIMG in respect of any monies refunded.
- To avoid any doubt, AIMG is not required to issue a refund in relation to any Ticket which it reasonably believes has been the subject of a sale, transfer or disposal in breach of these Conditions.
- If a Ticket Holder chooses not to use a Ticket for a Session, no refund or exchange (in whole or in part) for that Ticket will be given.
- If any provision or part of a provision of these Conditions can be read in a way that makes it illegal, unenforceable or invalid, but can also be read in a way that makes it legal, enforceable and valid, it must be read in the latter way.
- If any provision or part of a provision of these Conditions is illegal, unenforceable or invalid, that provision or part provision is to be treated as removed from these Conditions, but the rest of these Conditions are not affected and continue as if that part was intended to be removed.
- AIMG reserves the right to remove products, prices or concession rate Tickets from sale at any point without prior notice.
- AIMG reserves the right to make amendments to these conditions from time to time at AIMG’s sole discretion and without notice. A full copy of the latest version of these Conditions (as amended, if appropriate) is available at invictusgames2018.org and upon request, in writing from AIMG.
- Any information requests or other correspondence in relation to these Conditions should be addressed to: Ticketing Queries, PO BOX 6107 SILVERWATER NSW 2128.
- These Conditions are governed by the laws of New South Wales, Australia, and AIMG and all Ticket Holders irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales and waive any objection to the venue of any legal process in these courts on the basis that the process has been brought in an inconvenient forum.
- Any breach of these Conditions may, in addition to any other remedy that AIMG may have, result in the cancellation of the Ticket, the refusal of admission of the Ticket Holder to the Venue, or his/her eviction from the Venue, in each case without refund or compensation.
- No failure or delay by AIMG to exercise any right (in whole or in part) under these Conditions shall constitute a waiver of that right, nor restrict any further exercise of that right.
- All Tickets remain the property of AIMG. In the event of any breach of any of these Conditions by a Ticket Holder, Tickets must, upon the request by AIMG, be delivered up to AIMG. Such actions are without prejudice to other remedies which may include a fine or legal action.
- In the case of any inconsistency between these Conditions and any of the Venue Entry Conditions, the Prohibited & Restricted Items list, or any other version of these Conditions, the terms of these Conditions will prevail to the extent of such inconsistency.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, all implied representations or warranties are excluded.